For many people with vision problems, glasses and contact lenses, are simply a part of life. In fact, a recent poll indicates that many people who wear glasses or contacts to deal with vision problems either aren’t aware of LASIK eye surgery, or aren’t familiar with how the laser eye surgery process works. While the right vision care solution for you ultimately comes down to individual factors, now is a great time to consider the benefits of LASIK vision correction.
Dealing with Vision Problems? Why You Should Consider LASIK Eye Surgery
The LASIK vision correction process begins when you schedule your free consultation, and meet with your local laser eye surgery team. Your consultation is the time to learn more about laser eye surgery options available, what the best options are for your individual vision needs, and to get answers to all your questions. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn the facts about what LASIK eye surgery is like, and how the process works.
- LASIK is an outpatient procedure, so you get to go home the same day. The surgery only takes around 15 minutes, for both eyes.
- The procedure is so brief in part because much of the prep work is done before-hand, when you meet with your laser eye surgery team.
- From pre-op planning to post-op checkups, the whole laser eye surgery process takes place at your local LASIK center.
- LASIK vision correction is an option to treat the most common vision problems, including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
- If you’re in good overall health, have had a steady vision prescription for at least one year, and are over 18 years of age, then your laser eye surgery candidacy is already off to a great start.
The Lifestyle Benefits of LASIK Vision Correction
Ask a LASIK patient about the benefits of having laser eye surgery, and you’ll find some common themes, along with the unique, personal ways that each individual enjoys clear vision. Freedom is a very common word when you hear people talk about LASIK results, whether that means the freedom to rekindle an interest in a favorite hobby, or the joy of experiencing the little things in life without always having to worry about vision correction devices.
- While nobody can promise that you’ll never have to wear glasses or contacts again, many LASIK patients are able to rely significantly less on vision correction devices after having the procedure.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up, look at the alarm clock, and realize you don’t need to scramble for your glasses to start the day? What about attending an event with the family, and always being ready to snap the right photo, at the right moment?
- Thinking of traveling to a new place, or simply enjoying the scenery close to home? Enjoy every moment with the benefit of clearer vision, and worry less about what will happen if you forget your glasses or contacts at home.
- Perhaps you enjoy playing sports, creating art, or taking part in other hobbies that require a sharp eye for detail. With clearer vision, you will have the freedom to enjoy your favorite hobbies with a new-found freedom.
When you’re ready to learn more about LASIK vision correction and understand if you’re a candidate for LASIK, our team is here to help. Schedule your free consultation at your local TLC Laser Eye Center with a phone call, or by filling out a quick form on our website.