Our Commitment to Quality
TLC Laser Eye Centers have developed the optimum safety standards for all aspects of your LASIK procedure. Our focus on continuous quality assurance and improvement has helped propel us forward as international leaders in the industry. Said another way, our commitment to quality is real and runs deep.
- Your local TLC Laser Eye Centers team has access to nationally and internationally recognized doctors who are leaders in the development of refractive surgery.
- Prior to being hired, TLC staff must meet rigorous hiring guidelines. Active staff members must participate in continuing education and complete required certification and training.
- TLC equipment, facilities and surgery suites are continuously monitored and maintained for optimum patient safety.
With high safety standards, detailed data tracking and experienced teams, TLC is able to provide patients a high quality experience with the best possible surgical outcomes. We know of no other LASIK provider that can beat our commitment to quality.
Schedule a FREE LASIK Consultation Todaybook now
The Steps to Deciding on LASIK
- Find an Optometrist Who is Familiar with LASIK Care: TLC has affiliations with exemplary optometrists throughout the country who are well-equipped to manage and deliver pre- and post-operative LASIK care.
- Receive a Complete Ocular Evaluation: One of the first steps in the process is to schedule a LASIK evaluation with a TLC-affiliated optometrist. During the evaluation, your eye doctor will complete a thorough medical history, perform a comprehensive evaluation of your eyes and discuss how health problems may impact the outcome of your vision correction. Your eye doctor will also check your prescription to determine if it is stable.
- Understand Your Expectations: Defining your expectations is a critical early step in preparing for LASIK. Significant improvements in distance vision are possible in most patients, but certain patients may still need, or prefer, to wear glasses after completing LASIK. Your optometrist is the best person to talk to about your expectations, as they will determine the treatment that best fits your lifestyle and your own LASIK expectations.
- Choose a Surgeon and Laser Center: Just as it is important to have a knowledgeable optometrist caring for your eyes, it is equally important that you have an experienced surgeon and a reputable laser center. TLC LASIK Surgeons were among the first to perform laser vision correction in North America,and continue to be leaders in advanced clinical developments and techniques.Over the past 20 years, they have performed more than 2.2 million LASIK procedures – a claim no other LASIK provider can make.
- Utilize Your TLC Clinical Director: At each center, a TLC Clinical Director provides expertise and knowledge to help answer all of your questions about laser vision correction. These doctors have developed their skills and experience through numerous training and development programs, professional meetings and TLC continuing education programs.
- Continue Regular Eye Exams: LASIK vision correction does not end your need for eye care. Regular eye health exams, along with assessments of your vision and changing visual needs, should be conducted on a regular basis. The TLC-affiliated optometrist who follows you through your vision correction procedure will be the best person to care for your eyes in the years following your LASIK procedure.
When evaluating the many components of LASIK surgery, focus on quality care, an experienced surgeon and a reputable laser center for a fair price. Beware of “too good to be true” prices or high-pressure sales techniques. Your optometrist will be able to help you make an informed decision. And remember … more than one million people, including more than 7,000 doctors, have trusted their eyes to TLC Laser Eye Centers.