Eugene Iwanyk, M.D. has performed over 72,000 laser vision correction procedures during the past 25 years. He has had LASIK himself and enjoys the freedom of great distance vision without the need of eyeglasses or contact lenses. Dr. Iwanyk is retired from active duty in the United States Army after serving in both the combat arms and medical corps. He enjoys outdoor activities and has run the Boston Marathon and climbed in the Himalaya and Andes mountains. Dr. Iwanyk is married with two daughters. Dr. Iwanyk donates much of his time to the community, including offering free medical services to Central American, South American, and Asian humanitarian efforts.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- United States Military Academy, West Point, New York; B.S.
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland; M.D.
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC; Internship and Residency
ACCOMPLISHMENTS | HONORS
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Society of U.S. Army Flight Surgeons