Searching for the right LASIK eye surgeon can be overwhelming – but you don’t have to do it alone! Whether you prefer to research online, ask for referrals from friends and family, or both, you have no shortage of options for finding a LASIK surgeon. Speaking with your regular eye doctor is a great first step, and there is much more you can do to research at your own pace.
Schedule a FREE LASIK Consultation Todaybook now
Tips for Finding a LASIK Surgeon
Doing your homework is the first, most important step in finding a LASIK surgeon, and there are a ton of resources available to help make an informed choice. In addition to speaking with your regular eye doctor, you can speak with friends who have had LASIK eye surgery, consult trusted medical organizations, research online, and even “interview” LASIK surgeons once you find potential fits.
- Your Eye Doctor – Who better to ask, than the person you trust with all of your routine vision health needs? Speaking with your eye doctor about LASIK eye surgery is a great way to learn more about the procedure, and your eye doctor may also be able to refer you to LASIK surgeons. In fact, TLC Laser Eye Centers work with more than 5,000 eye doctors across the country, to simplify the process of finding a LASIK surgeon.
- Ask a Friend – Do you know any friends or family members who have recently had LASIK eye surgery? These people can also be a great resource when you’re searching for LASIK surgeons! Ask your friends what the experience was like from their first visit to their post-LASIK checkups, and see if they have any recommendations.
- Medical Organizations – Consulting trusted, well-known medical organizations is an effective way to narrow down your options, and you can find tons of relevant information online by visiting these sources. The American Academy of Ophthalmology is a valuable resource for all of your vision health questions, and offers extensive resources on laser eye surgery. For even more information on LASIK and other types of laser eye surgery, visit the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- Online Reviews – Checking online reviews is an easy way to gather more information on LASIK surgeons in your area. While it’s always a good idea to confirm what you learn from online reviews with an expert source, a long, diverse list of positive reviews is likely a good sign when searching for a LASIK surgeon. A detailed, well-written review can also be a valuable data point when comparing LASIK surgeons.
- Speak with Surgeons – So you’ve done your homework, and narrowed your list to few promising options for LASIK eye surgery. Now, it’s time to speak with those surgeons directly, and make your choice. Sitting down with a prospective LASIK surgeon gives you the opportunity to ask your key questions, get a feel for how the surgeon interacts with you, and gather the final few details you need to make the right decision.
To learn more about your LASIK surgery options, schedule your free laser eye surgery consultation at your local TLC Laser Eye Center. You can schedule your free consultation by filling out a quick form online, or contacting your local TLC Laser Eye Center by phone.